To view the original article at the UNSCN website, click here.
The United Nations System Standing Committee on Nutrition (UNSCN), in collaboration and with financial support from the Public Health and Environment Department of WHO, have launched the photo contest Your FOOD, Your HEALTH, Your FUTURE! The initiative is aimed at young people aged 18 to 25 years affected by changes in their environment and wishing to voice their opinion on the links between climate change, nutrition and health. Deadline to submit photos is 11 of October 2013.
Your FOOD, Your HEALTH, Your FUTURE Photo Contest aims to gather pictures that communicate powerfully about problems and solutions but also
encourage action. The three topics to be covered are:
– the impact of climate change on nutrition and/or health;
– the impact of food production, food consumption and food waste on climate change and the environment;
– developing healthier, fairer and more sustainable food systems: addressing food production, food consumption and waste.
They particularly focus on finding pictures that communicate hope, optimism and the possibility of change and that convey a clear message to the scientific, economic and political communities.
An international jury of experts on the issues related to food, health and climate change will judge the images and pick the best pictures.
These pictures will then be used in a 2-minute video which will be shown on 12 November 2013, during the Nutrition and Sustainability Seminar organized by the UNSCN in close collaboration with FAO, Bioversity International and the Government of Malawi. Short-listed images will also appear on the UNSCN website and official publications.
You will find more information about the campaign and photo contest under the following links:
– UNSCN website http://tinyurl.com/pzpywzy
– The English Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/
– The French Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/
For more information, contact the UNSCN Secretariat.