Why are we asking you about cookies?
It is a requirement from the European Commission legislation on privacy and data protection that all EUROPA websites inform their users that cookies are not being used to gather information unnecessarily. You can read more about the legislation here.
Cookies in use on this website
- Make our website work as you’d expect
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below.
More about our cookies
Website Function Cookies
- Remembering your search settings
- Allowing you to add comments to our site
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
Social Website Cookies
So you can easily like or share our content on Facebook and Twitter, for example, we have included sharing buttons on our site. The privacy implications of this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
Visitor Statistics Cookies
Turning Cookies Off
You can switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies. You can learn how here. Doing so, however, will likely limit the functionality of our website and a large proportion of the world’s websites, as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites.