Concern Worldwide is currently looking for an international Nutrition Manager in Manica, Mozambique. Concern Worldwide is an Irish-based non-governmental, international, humanitarian organisation dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the worlds poorest countries.
The professional will manage a multi-sector nutrition-sensitive project and support the linkage of Concern nutrition-sensitive programming to the strategic development
of nutrition in the Beira Agricultural Growth Corridor.
- Full working knowledge of Portuguese; fluent spoken English will be an important advantage in the selection process. In absence of Portuguese, Spanish and Italian may be assets to be considered on a case-by-case approach.
- Masters in Nutrition, Public Health or equivalent qualification.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in public health and project/programme management, with significant experience in developing/managing health and nutrition projects in a development context
- Experience working in behaviour based IYCF and M+E
- Experience in social and behavioural change (implementation, tools, M&E)
- Experience in nutrition-sensitive programming (e.g., agriculture, gender, WASH) and understanding of the cross-sectoral implications of the 1000 Days Initiative, Scaling Up Nutrition movement
- Experience in the most common quantitative and qualitative survey/research methods and related software (e.g., SMART, KPC).
- Experience in budgeting and financial monitoring processes and project management tools
- Strong staff management, capacity building and supervision skills
- Excellent representational skills and able to undertake advocacy at a high level
- Computer proficiency with MS Office standard packages, SPSS or equivalent statistical software.
- Capacity to work on a multidisciplinary team, and see its importance for achieving health and nutrition impact and to tackle severe poverty
- Experience in strategic development of country level health programming, including mainstreaming of cross cutting themes such as HIV and AIDS, gender, and equality
All applications should be submitted through our website at https://jobs.concern.net by closing date (Sept 4th 2013). CVs should be no more than 4 pages in length. All candidates who are short-listed for a first round interview will be notified via email after the application deadline.
The contract is for a period of 2 years, based in Chimoio, Manica Province, Mozambique.
For more information download the full job description.